Thursday 7 July 2011

First things first

Hello and welcome to my 'Who Framed Teddy?' blog, my home of miniature teddy bears, particularly micro mini bears.  I'm always trying out new crafts, and have been knitting and sewing for more years than I care to mention, so I'll be sharing all my latest projects, and hope to hear from other crafters along the way.


Above all,  I love to make teddy bears.  I always had dolls when I was young - in those days, bride dolls were popular, and I remember my grandmother dressed one of my dolls in a complete bridal outfit, including petticoats.  She was a very clever dress maker, and started my crafty juices flowing by teaching me how to sew on buttons, and make clothes for my Sindy doll.  She also gave me a teddy bear - as seen tucked under my arm in the picture.  (Not sure what was going on with my normally dead straight hair that day!!)

Nana and Jan

 I still have the bear, who looks like he has endured a lot of hugs over the years!  Does anyone else have a similar bear?  I'd like to know some more about him.



My grandmother was the most loving, generous, hard working, selfless, brave and beautiful person I've ever known and I am so proud and fortunate that she was in my life.  She continues to be an inspiration to me.

Now, about bears!
I've been making bears, on and off, for about 20 years, and selling them for the past 6 years.  I love a challenge, and strive for perfection, so began making miniature bears, just to see if I could.  I enjoyed it so much that I began designing my own.

 


This is my Berry Bear - I made all the tiny berries, too!  He's 4cm (1 1/2") tall.  More bears coming soon!

Thanks for visiting, Jan

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...