Thursday 13 October 2011

Cross stitch

One of the other crafts that I love is cross stitch.  I love the way the image gradually takes shape, and appears on my fabric.  I also love a challenge, so my favourite pattern designer is Teresa Wentzler.  Her designs are so detailed, and her use of many colour combinations bring the pictures to life.

Castle Sampler




One of my best achievements is finishing this Castle Sampler.  It was a challenge, but very satisfying.  I have had bad experiences with framers in the past, so I completed a course, and framed this one myself.  I didn't want my many hours of stitching to be ruined.  It now hangs on my wall.  Please excuse the light reflections.








Another TW design, the Fruit and Floral Wreath (spring/summer) is my other favourite.  I have the pattern for the fall/winter wreath, but am extremely time poor these days, so can't see myself starting it any time soon.

Fruit and Floral Wreath

These designs have been discontinued now, but there are still some other designs available online.  The website is www.twdesignworks.com .  You will find some complimentary charts on the website, too, but please respect the copyright.  I will make some Christmas decorations out of these designs, which include some beading, eyelets and various other stitches. 


If you are looking for a less detailed, and therefore, quicker design, take a look at Donna Kooler's books.  I have made many decorations and gifts using her patterns.  She also has a website, with freebies - www.koolerdesign.com


I think this Christmas sampler is by Donna Kooler - the book was borrowed from the library some time ago - if it's not her design, it's typical of her style.  If I have given credit to the wrong person, please let me know, so I can correct my blog. 

I find myself very busy these days - family, part-time work, and now study, so unfortunately my teddy bear making has been pushed to the back burner.  Hopefully, I will have the next instalment of the bear making process in a few days!  I'll do my best!

Take care everyone, bye for now, Jan



2 comments:

K. Joy said...

I found your blog through your store on etsy - you make adorable bears! And I love reading through your little mini bear making tutorials!! I am not a real teddy bear maker, but I love making them from the kits I find on etsy. :) And my mom and my sister and I love cross-stitch too! My mom was excited to see the finished castle sampler. ;) Thanks for sharing, and I hope to see more of your bears and tips on your blog soon! :)

Jan Was said...

Thanks for the lovely comments! I have been very busy lately with family, work and school, so I haven't had time for my bear making, or blogging. It's very frustrating - I've been so cranky that I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms!

I will try very hard to squeeze in some crafting and blogging in the near future. Thanks again, Jan ; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...